Thursday 13 February 2020

Unity Tutorial 02

Unity Tutorial 02


This week we dived back into Unity tutorials- this time official Unity tutorials instead of Jimmy Vegas ones. It was a little weird to hear a different voice guiding me through the various tutorials, but I got used to it pretty quick.

With these tutorials I learned how more advanced controls for viewing objects and placing objects in the scene with utilising the Ctrl and Alt buttons. I also never knew that simply pressing F with an object selected the view would snap to it- definitely a handy one.

The tutorials also explored creating custom layouts along with editing the colour preferences to change the tint of the playmode to make it clearer so that you don't accidentally make changes in the playmode and have it reset when you go out of it which I found very useful.

And of course, I learned how to create a moving vehicle that collides with obstacles and sends them flying along with a player camera that follows the vehicle.


Screenshot of my Unity setup
Source: My laptop


I found the tutorial very helpful especially in creating the scripts as it was very clear in what needed to be coded and explained very well- I actually had no problems with getting it to work which is a first! I also had some fun messing around with the object weights- I made the crates heavier than the vehicle which resulted in the vehicle to go flying instead for a bit of a chuckle.



Screenshot of my playmode tint
Source: My Laptop


I didn't actually find anything difficult this time around with the tutorials so I must have followed it very well! I learned a lot of new tricks to make my life easier navigating the scene and objects and learned some more scripts that will surely help in the future.

I'm looking forward to learning more new things through the tutorials to further my knowledge and allow me to develop different types of games than to the survival styled one I made before!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity Tutorial 06

Unity Tutorial 06 Lesson 3.1 - Jump Force This tutorial was relatively easy to follow, however I encountered some coding problems...