Thursday 26 September 2019

Introduction to a future designer!


Introduction to a future designer

My name is Kayleigh, but you can just call me Kay, and this is my blog!

I am studying Creative Digital Media and am in Year 2 and will be covering a variety of topics in my blog relating to this course. I'm enjoying this course a lot, and it's made me very interested in exploring game design, branding and identity design. I hope to learn more about these in my studies and to hopefully pursue one of them later on!

Speaking of games, gaming is quite a hobby of mine and I tend to spend a lot of my free time playing games.. I'm very fond of Nintendo (My first console was an original DS and I've been playing Pokemon religiously since I was 6!). I'm currently spending a lot of time playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses as of late, and I plan to get the new release The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening very soon. I discussed my favourite game in a previous blog, which you can find here!



I also enjoy drawing in my free time, both traditionally and digitally using a variety of tools and applications. I've been drawing since I could pick up a pencil basically so it's something I find lots of joy in. I actually managed to get a scholarship for a portfolio course in NCAD in the summer of my 5th year in secondary school based on my work! It was a great experience and I did lots of work there. I have always been a creative person so that's why I'm enjoying this course so much and hope to work in the creative field in future.

I'm a huge animal person- and when I say huge, I mean huge. I've grown up surrounded by a variety of pets since birth, including budgies, fish (even some exotic ones), dogs and cats. I currently have a dog and a cat- my dog is a Jack Russell and Chihuahua mix called Milo, and my cat is a Tortoiseshell cat called Minki. I also had another dog called Bonnie who passed away in April of this year.. I plan to get a tattoo of her pawprint on me in the near future.
Fun fact: I helped nurse an injured pigeon back to health over the summer! My dad and I made the little guy an enclosure and wrapped his broken wing up almost daily. The pigeon would grip my fingers with his feet similarly to how babies grip your hand when I wrapped him up! It was very cute. His wing healed up after about 3 weeks and he flew right off with the rest of his pigeon friends.

Bonnie (left) and Milo (right) in bath
Source: My gallery 


Photo of Minki doing a blep
Source: My gallery


I also enjoy watching anime and reading manga! I've been watching anime for quite a number of years now and have read countless and countless of chapters of manga. Since coming to college I've met a lot of people who also watch anime which is great because I never really knew many people who did before. I have accumulated a fair amount of merchandise for several shows. My favourite anime series is The Promised Neverland, and I'm fully up to date on the manga. I also enjoy anime like My Hero Academia, Fullmetal Alchemist, Devilman Crybaby, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Mob Psycho 100 and Code Geass. (And many many more!) 
If I had more free time and money, I would definitely consider learning sewing in order to make cosplays.

Food wise.. I live on coffee and noodles. Quite literally. Anybody that knows me well knows I need my daily intake of coffee to survive. And that I eat noodles and pasta. A lot. I frequent places like Wok In and Yamamori for their noodles and ramen when I'm out and about. Whenever noodles are available, I will eat it. 
Another fun fact: I'm a pesco pollo vegetarian- meaning I dont eat red meat. I havent eaten a burger or steak in.. 7 years or so! I substitute with turkey- so I still eat burgers and spaghetti etc.

I think I've rambled on enough about myself for one day.. Feel free to ask me questions in the comments! I'm excited to read more about you all.

Thank you for reading my blog!



12 comments:

  1. Hi Kay!

    I genuinely enjoyed reading your blog! I'm a huge LoZ fan too. I played a lot of the Gameboy ones as a kid - my first one was the original Links Awakening. I'd love to play the new one coming out. The last one I got to play was A Link Between Worlds on the 3DS and I loved it. Breath of the Wild has been on my radar for ages, but I can't afford a Switch just yet... But someday.

    You should post some of your art in your blogs where possible. It would be a great bit of exposure for you, and I'd enjoy seeing some of your work - on paper or digital.

    Coffee and Noodles: Staple Diet of Champions.

    I love the blog - keep it up!

    - Ultan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day to you Kay

    I so very much enjoyed reading about you blog, it was quite exquisite and very stupendous. there is a lot of excellent detail. I do so agree that Nintendo are truly the bee knees when bringing out such great games. I am quite intrigued with what they are bringing out soon especially the new Animal Crossing and I will hopefully get that new Link's Awakening eventually.

    I can clearly tell that you are a animal lover, and they are adorable indeed. I would be very intrigued to see some of your work that you have to show off as I am sure that it is amazing.

    My hat's off to you for going and continue to be pollo vegetarian and hope it continues to be a success, and besides anything with Caffeine or with Noodles is a true win and mood.

    I look forward to reading more of your blogs in the future as they seem very enjoyable to read.

    Cheerio!!

    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Kay,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog even though I do not play a lot of games I love all Nintendo games such as a lot of Mario games and I also love drawing and being creative and I am a huge animal person myself I also have a kitten and a dog sorry to hear about your dog Bonnie I also have a tattoo for my animals and I love it I would highly recommend you getting one since you are already considering one anyways I enjoyed your blog and hope to read more from you soon.
    bye :) <3,
    -Jennifer x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there. I really enjoyed reading this blog and I found out some very interesting things that I had not previously known about you. I was very sad to hear about your dog Bonnie but I think its a lovely thing to get a tattoo to remember her by. I respect you for not eating red meat even though that is something I would not do myself.
    keep up the great blogs and I look forward to reading and commenting on more in the future

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey kayleigh

    I really enjoyed reading about you and i now have a better understanding of you and the things you like to do aswell i love the layout of your blog and the photos you have used,Keep the good work up and i look foward to reading more on your blog.

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy Kayleigh,

    This was nice introduction blog you've created. It's great that you're already gamer so this should be a fun module for you. And it seems you have a very impressive skill with drawing. You got a really cute cat and dog and I am sorry about losing Bonnie. I've just gotten into anime this summer and have a lot of catching up to do to get on your level hehe. Anyway, this was a good blog and I hope to read more in the future. :)

    Nathan Harte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kay,

    I'm really impressed hearing about your scholarship, I also love drawing and being creative, I'd love to see some of your artwork sometime.

    I'm also a caffeine addict and can't function without at least 3 espressos before I start my day.

    It was great learning more about you.

    James

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Kay,
    Oh my gaw, I love your dogs and your cats. Especially Minki, I love their fur pattern (I had to google that word, I was going to say "your cat has cool spray paint")
    Coffee and noodles are a perfectly healthy and balanced diet and don't let anyone tell you otherwise (I recommend getting caffeine pills as well, in case you don't have coffee)

    I like your art! I've seen it irl, and I really think you should've gone to an art to college to keep improving your drawing skills!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kayleigh
    This was interesting post and it was good for people in our year to get to know you. Your get cat and dogs are cute and must be great fun to have. You seem to a very skilled artist and you could use this in our course. Having a tattoo for your pet is cool idea.
    Jamie Gannon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Kayleigh,

    It was great to read about all your hobbies and things you like especially since we share an interest in a lot of the same hobbies. I also love to draw and create things, it's why I picked this course to begin with. All of your pets look so cute, please let them know that love them.

    -Casper :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kayleigh,

    I was also a big fan of the Pokémon games when I was younger. I even still have some of the original game cards. I really can’t enjoy drawing because I can’t even draw a good stickman unfortunately. I’m glad that you enjoy doing it in your free time. I have a dog that is a Jack Russell mix to. He is a mix with a Pomeranian and his name is Alfie.

    I look forward to reading some of your blogs.

    -Ciaran

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kayleigh,

    It was great to get a chance to learn a bit more about you. Your pets are so so cute! I wish I had one. I actually only recently went to yamamori and really enjoyed it too! Their food is great. I'd love to see some your drawings, it sounds like you're pretty talented. Best of luck with the rest of the semester.

    -LM

    ReplyDelete

Unity Tutorial 06

Unity Tutorial 06 Lesson 3.1 - Jump Force This tutorial was relatively easy to follow, however I encountered some coding problems...