Thursday 24 October 2019

Unity Tutorial 05


Unity Tutorial 05


This week’s Unity tutorials focused on creating a cursor, objects that are able to be picked up with sound effects, more environment building and also adding an animated weapon for the player.


The first tutorial focused on creating a more dynamic and interesting cursor and creating an object that’s able to be picked up (the gem in this case). I enjoyed following the cursor tutorial since it was relatively simple but taught me new things. When we moved on to create the gem that was able to be picked up, I had a bit of difficulty as per usual with the C# tutorials but managed to get it working. This tutorial was really helpful for me since my game idea focuses on gathering resources so learning how to make objects the player can pick up was extremely useful.



We then moved onto the second tutorial, which focused on more environment building and also creating an animated weapon that follows the player camera. Learning to implement box colliders on the fence will help me in the future with my game development since I aim to have a diverse terrain- I dont want players clipping through objects so this was a good tutorial to do. Weaponry of course is a very important element in my game idea, so this tutorial was perfect. However, I found the scripting complicated to do, in fact I didnt quite get to the supposed end result. In all honesty I’ve been struggling with my C# since I’ve never done it before this module and quite frankly I have no clue what I’m doing sometimes- so I’ll definitely need to brush up on my coding in the near future. Besides the coding I felt that I understood most things in tutorial and they will come in handy when I start developing my game!

I forgot to take a screenshot of my work while I was in Unity, so have a picture of an axe instead.


Graphic of an axe
Source: Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity Tutorial 06

Unity Tutorial 06 Lesson 3.1 - Jump Force This tutorial was relatively easy to follow, however I encountered some coding problems...