Thursday 17 October 2019

Unity Tutorial 03

Unity Tutorial 03

This week I tackled the third Unity tutorial which involved making a functional clock!
I had some difficulty with my laptop last week, and because of that and poor time management I was unable to complete the 2nd tutorial (though I will complete that one soon!)

I found the beginning of this tutorial straightforward and easy to follow- it took me a little thinking to wrap my head around why I had to create loads of new parents for the hour indicators but I executed it successfully and built my clock with little problem.

However, when it came to the C#... I struggled. A lot.
At first, I understood it a little bit and followed the coding. However, the further I went on typing the code the more difficult and confusing I found it. I didn't like how the tutorial made you type out a big line of code and tell you immediately after that you can type it in a much shorter simpler way.

I managed to get down to the public bool continuous part, but noticed that my Unity wasn't responding to my saved code to add the Continuous option. I'm not sure what I did wrong here, but I played around with it for quite a while but it wouldn't work no matter what I did. 
Because of this I didn't end up with a functioning clock.

In the future I hope to get a better understanding of C# so I can know where I went wrong, and to help me in the future.

Screenshot of Unity and Coding
Source; My Laptop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity Tutorial 06

Unity Tutorial 06 Lesson 3.1 - Jump Force This tutorial was relatively easy to follow, however I encountered some coding problems...