Friday 27 September 2019

Thoughts about the class assignments


Thoughts about the class assignments



From reading through the different types of class assignments that we will be doing in this module, I have come to the conclusion that these assignments are very different to the ones I have done in previous modules. They are a lot more interactive than other modules- and I feel that writing out our thoughts about the various things we have to do throughout the weeks will help me remember things better rather than just reading the content. 


I am new to blogging- I do have a Tumblr account but all I do there is lurk or repost, so I have no experience in actually blogging regularly. The idea of compiling all my thoughts on everything I do for this module along with my hopes and difficulties will be useful to look back on to see how I've improved on the future and how I've developed over the course of the module.

Having something new to read every week and to write about in the blogs will excel my learning- I learn a lot more when I write about my readings rather than just reading the content. Keeping all these readings compiled in my blog will prove handy in the future- it'll be a good refresher and it shows how much work I've done throughout the module.



Unity will also be completely new to me- but I am very excited to start using it! I have always had an interest in game development and have been seeking to learn how to get started with it- which this module does with Unity. I feel that I'll be a bit overwhelmed at first using it- which comes naturally with all new programmes and applications- but with lots of practice and reflection I'm sure I'll get used to it.



I love the idea of commenting and interacting with other peoples posts as part of the assignments; this way I can get to know other people in my group better, and if someone is having difficulty or is feeling overwhelmed with the work I can lend a hand and a ear. Interactivity will also make me more at ease with people I haven't really talked to. I think it's also good in order to get/gibe constructive criticism and feedback!


I am very excited to get started on my project! I already have some ideas in my head... but the brainstorming session we will have in the future will really help me narrow them down and out me in the right direction. I absolutely loved creating my Twine game in Semester 1- particularly the item pickup part- so I'm excited to actually make a game where the player can walk around and pick things up as they please. 


Giving and receiving feedback from other class members will prove very beneficial. I tend to draw a lot, and I often receive constructive criticism from those around me or from people in art groups across the internet. It has personally helped me improve a lot with my art- so I imagine to have a similar result with the feedback I receive on my project. I hope that my feedback will help other people this way also.


EXTRA CREDIT

I love the idea of having extra credit opportunities! That way, if you miss a blog post or don't have time to complete it, you can make up for it by doing extra credit and get some points back. The variety of choice in extra credit tasks also makes it seem less like a task and more enjoyable. I am interested in the growth mindset extra credit, as I found Dweck's thoughts on the subject very intriguing and I relate to it a lot. You can find my blog about the Growth Mindset here!

Overall I am very excited to learn from this module as it is much more interactive and contains a lot of content that I have interest in!

Image Information
All images used in this blog are from the MD2019 CDMOnline Website, which can be found here!
All images contain icons relating to the assignment content.



Thank you for reading my blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity Tutorial 06

Unity Tutorial 06 Lesson 3.1 - Jump Force This tutorial was relatively easy to follow, however I encountered some coding problems...